Lanier Christian Academy is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) based upon prior accreditations of both Heritage Academy and North Georgia Christian School*.
As an ACSI member school, Lanier Christian Academy has sought this accreditation “to validate their quality and verify that they are striving for excellence based on a solid Christian philosophy of education foundation.
Accreditation and school improvement assist member schools in changing for the better in an orderly and systematic way. They bring a vigorous dynamic into the school by engaging every school constituent in a process of organizational appraisal” (acsi.org).
ACSI accreditation provides many benefits to the school and its constituents:
- It documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- It affirms that the school meets standards of quality established by the international school community
- It provides validation of the credibility of the school through a peer review process
- It promotes accountability to the school community
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school
- It transfers credits between schools and between nation's school systems (acsi.org)
*Heritage Academy was recertified by the National Association of University Model Schools (NAUMS) in 2013 and was reaccredited by SACS/CASI-AdvancED in 2013. North Georgia Christian was accredited by both SACS/CASI-AdvancED and ACSI, and upon the unification of both schools to form Lanier Christian Academy, accreditation for Lanier Christian Academy will continue through ACSI with NAUMS certification.